A feature for -lowlatency kernel?

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 04:21:57 UTC 2011

I've been doing some testing on previous kernels together with a few
people, and the sum of my experience is, just use jack with a program
you like, try using the lowest latency you can.
I don't count xruns that come from starting or stopping programs. But I
do look for any or even one xrun at a certain ms setting.
Just writing on the list and telling shortly of the results is helpful.
Like, what was the lowest ms setting, maybe adding a part of the jack
message showing what settings were used.

However, if we are to test the 2.6.39 for irq priority, I don't know
what we need. Do we need a rtirq script, or will the irq priorities be
set by just using realtime prio?
For the tests, it would be greate to have people who usually get
problems from irq sharing.

--
ailo