cpu frequency scaling

Gerhard Lang lang.gerhard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 00:11:19 UTC 2011

And again, even in times of dawning kernel 3.0, I'm harping the same old
theme: Most musician's complaints about poor performance, bad latencies
and unacceptable xrun/buffersize ratio with consequence of yearning for
better realtime kernel functionality  are result of automatic cpu
frequency scheduling i.e. system hiccups by scaling the cpu frequency on
demand. My suggestion for a future 1. range ubuntustudio  feature is a
small userfriendly gui for this with setting 'performance' by default.
For an avarage audiophile ubuntu newbie it takes some weeks until she
found out how to customize cpu frequency  with panel apps or alternative
stuff in new releases, and before this epiphany happens, ubuntustudio
might be removed from the harddisk for reason of insufficiency. I would
bet on it. I'd do it myself if I had the coding skills.
best regards
Gerhard