Heads up, gcdmaster no longer available in Oneiric.

Cory Kontros coryisatm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:14:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Janne Jokitalo <astraljava at kapsi.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 07:54:06AM -0400, Cory Kontros wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Luke Yelavich <themuso at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> > Hi folks,
> <snip>
>> > If you want gcdmaster, then someone needs to step up and 1) maintain it, and
>> > 2) port it away from legacy GNOME libs.
>>
>> Should we at least start a new effort? "GTKCDmaster"? Maybe we start a
>> project to make a replacement app? Start off by going through its UI
>> noting what works/doesnt. I'm sure we can get a good plan going. We'd
>> just need a coder.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> My initial thought was to try and port it away from the legacy libs. I could
> have a look over the weekend and see how big of a job it would be.
>
> If that looks as it wouldn't make any sense, then I'm also in favor of starting
> a replacement. I just would probably do it in Qt, if it was all up to me.
> Sharing the effort with others could persuade me to use other techs, of course.

INSERTNEWPROJECTNAMEHERE-gtk and *-qt I would be down for. If only 1
version could be done, I'd lean GTK as most of our tools are.

Really, I feel if we have someone to head the project (if it comes to
a new thing and not updating) that getting a solid plan with features
and a roadmap up for folks to see would be a big help to finding good
coders. People like to see plans. :)

--
-Cory K.