Heads up, gcdmaster no longer available in Oneiric.

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 9 23:34:57 UTC 2011

Hi folks,
I still lirk here and read some discussion from time to time, and one thing I noticed was the daily report of uninstallability issues with the studio images, the latest one involving gcdmaster/cdrdao. I have fixed that issue in the seeds, and am presently uploading a new meta to fix it in the archive properly. The downside is that you lose gcdmaster. Its worth noting that gcdmaster uses old GNOME libraries which are being removed from the Ubuntu images, and even main. Gcdmaster is also not really maintained upstream. Unfortunately this is not easily fixable, as gcdmaster is built from the cdrdao package, which is in main.

If you want gcdmaster, then someone needs to step up and 1) maintain it, and 2) port it away from legacy GNOME libs.

Luke