lowlatency kernel status?

Alessio Igor Bogani abogani at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 26 15:35:30 UTC 2011

David,

2011/1/26 David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com>:
> What is really the current status of the lowlatency kernel? Are we planning
> to have it in universe for Natty? If so, is any work going on in that area?

It is sync-ed with the generic one. Binaries are available in my PPA
(https://launchpad.net/~abogani/+archive/ppa/+packages) and sources
are available on Zinc
(http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=abogani/ubuntu-natty-lowlatency.git;a=summary).
There are implemented a series of hacks to avoid space duplication on
archives and for simplify a bit the maintenance.

> Also, do we have any signs of this kernel performing better than the generic
> one?

Users (aka Ubuntu Studio developers, testers and users) should say
that. Sorry I couldn't provide that certainty.

Ciao,
Alessio