lowlatency kernel status?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Jan 26 15:25:47 UTC 2011

What is really the current status of the lowlatency kernel? Are we
planning to have it in universe for Natty? If so, is any work going on
in that area?

I talked to Andy Whitcroft yesterday about providing "derivative
flavour" documentation, but he is currently busy with other tasks so
this documentation will have to wait (no prognosis given). So I assume
that waiting on that documentation is not an option.

Also, do we have any signs of this kernel performing better than the
generic one? (As for bug 690010, that's fixed upstream now, and will be
fixed in the generic kernel on the next Natty kernel upload.)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic