Multimedia Menu

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:26:46 UTC 2011

2011/1/6 Tobiasz Karoń <unfa00 at gmail.com>

> Maybe instead of "plugins" section, it could be named "sound processors"
> and instead of "production" there could be "sequencers". I'm just looking
> for better names for those two sections. What do you think?
>
> W dniu 6 stycznia 2011 11:38 użytkownik Tobiasz Karoń <unfa00 at gmail.com>napisał:
>
> I agree.
>> That would make getting to the app you need much easier.

>>> HEY, great idea... theres also a little glitch that happens when i use
>>> the smaller menu in the gnome panel, the little icon instead of the
>>> "applications - places - system" button. when i have this smaller menu
>>> button, scrolling through the applications that dont fit on the screen
>>> becomes even more challenging. i'll offer to help implement this if the
>>> process is as simple as i assume it is...
>>>

>>> --
>>> MH
>>>
>>> http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
>>> http://wnclug.ourproject.org/
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Tobiasz *unfa* Karoń

> --
> Tobiasz *unfa* Karoń

The Debian Multimedia Team appears to be working on this as well [1].

If they can find a systemic way to address this issue I believe it would
provide a more viable method than laboriously hacking the ubuntustudio-menu
package as we have done in the past [2].

Regards,
ScottL

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg07029.html