pulse audio

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Dec 24 20:14:46 UTC 2011

On Sat, December 24, 2011 11:44 am, Ralf Madorf wrote:
> For German professional audio engineering the lowest common denominator
> is to use the left channel only if phasing becomes an issue. We call it
> "einbeinig" here, translated it means "one-legged". This will cause loss
> of the right channel for playback, but for recording it's simply a
> perfect mono recording :).

Same here. That is why I found turning left down and using only the right
channel not intuitive. Any of the recording programs we ship deal with
mono just fine and allow it to be placed centre or panned where ever for
writing or exporting as stereo. Having the use of the inverted audio is
really no use as the it is so easy to do software anyway and could too
easily be confusing for a newby... two mics turn them both up..."hey how
come it doesn't work?"

www.OvenWerks.net