pulse audio

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Dec 23 23:22:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, December 23, 2011 9:48 am, Ralf Madorf wrote:
>> There seem to be a number of usb mics with onboard recording capability
>> (around
>> $200).
>
> :(
>
> Ok, it's a netbook, so no PCI slots, but $200 for an USB mic is much
> money, for the risk that it might not be a good solution.

USB audio is not standardized then.... figures. I was thinking that the
recording could be done on the mic then the sound files transfered to the
netbook. They are wav or mp3 and stored on an sd... still, direct would be
nice for multi-track.

> http://www.thomann.de/gb/maudio_fast_track.htm It still might not work
> with Linux.

Seems there are three fast tracks (plain, ultra and pro) the plain is
supposed to work already. Ultra has patchs that should have made it in by
now... not sure were the pro stands. L&M have been pretty good about
taking things back so far. I will have to see what is available for
rental.... should I ever have the spare change. The KB is more likely. I
have found that the internal sound chip with an external mixer works
pretty good though. I guess I have not been things very well, I figured
that my d66 works well (m-audio), didn't realize their usb stuff was so
bad.

Same thing as ever I guess. Only buy what works.

www.OvenWerks.net