pulse audio

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Dec 20 06:10:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, December 19, 2011 5:33 pm, David Henningsson wrote:
> (Please don't respond in private if anyone can benefit from the answer)

The one thing I did not mention that I find is odd. Is that the pulse
controller has two settings on my machine, mic and line. When it is in mic
mode pulse controls capture and boost as already discussed. If for example
we are at +40db boost is 30 and capture is 10. Now I switch to line mode.
Boost and capture are still at the same place. Lower the level to 0 (err
-16.5)... Umm boost is still at 30. Where ever boost is when I switch, it
stays at. (this can be monitored with alsamixer in a terminal) I would
think the correct response on switching to line mode would be to set boost
to 0.

www.OvenWerks.net