choosing typical desktop applications

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 15 17:12:52 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-studio-devel-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com on behalf of ??????
Sent: Thu 12/15/2011 17:51
To: Ubuntu Studio Development & Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: choosing typical desktop applications

2011/12/15 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:
> OT: Some days ago I accidently rm -r important data + backups, both on ext4
> partitions. I really, really directly remounted to read only, hence the data
> can't be overwritten, but until now no tool was able to recover the data. It
> seems to be safer to suggest ext3 instead of ext4.

You should use NILFS2 if you run into such cases often. Its features
like versioning of entire filesystem and continuous snapshotting are
quite useful.

+++

It was an accident. In around 20 years of using computers, C64, Atari ST, DR DOS and since around 9 years Linux, this happend for the first time. But accidents could happen :(.

- Ralf