New Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter section

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Dec 6 05:15:42 UTC 2011

None of these are derivatives (Mint is a derivative).  These are other
distribution products developed in the Ubuntu project.  I think it's
much more correct to refer to them as siblings to Ubuntu (Desktop) and
Ubuntu Server.

I know you didn't make up this terminology, but in no sense of the word
is derivative correct.

Scott K