ALSA/Jack midi bridging.

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Dec 5 14:14:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, December 5, 2011 2:02 am, óÅÒÇÅÊ wrote:
> Len, how is jackd started in Ubuntu Studio currently? If it has an
> Upstart job, it will be very easy to check if it's needed and launch
> it (well, in theory).

Right now most people are using qjackctl to start jack, but I think the
goal is to have jack running all the time from login to log out if we can
get all the apps that use sound to behave well with it. (gstreamer, flash
etc.) I am pretty sure qjackctl can be given any file as a startup file as
long as it is executable.

www.OvenWerks.net