RE Re: Ubuntu ISO Testing team: New buildnotification-why encryption support is needed

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 2 09:12:22 UTC 2011

Note, at least if you are using a CRT, no disc encryption isn't your
biggest issue, since everybody able to use an antenna, is able to see
everything on your screen from the house from the other side of the road.

"Explicit" anarchistic data has no place on a computer. Encryption is
completely safe. No intelligence service is able to do refactoring of
primes, assumed the encryption avoids pseudo-primes, such as some Fermat
numbers.

The weak spot is the computer in general, there are several ways to spy,
if a computer is used.

Anyway, I agree that for states like China, encryption of discs is
important, for western countries we need other methods to be more safe,
assumed the data is explicit-explicit anarchistic. Writing about weed to
e.g. some southern states in the USA, you only need 1024 encryption for
your mails.

Note, anonymous surfing and mailing isn't safe, if everybody is able to
get access to e.g. your two telephone cables.

2 cents,

Ralf