US website theme RFC & request for screenshots

Benjamin Turner b.g.turner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:14:23 UTC 2011

> News post
> https://picasaweb.google.com/jorge.g.mare/UbuntuStudioArtwork#5595278554459506242
>
> User profile
> https://picasaweb.google.com/jorge.g.mare/UbuntuStudioArtwork#5595278554875022562
>
> Blog post
> https://picasaweb.google.com/jorge.g.mare/UbuntuStudioArtwork#5595284881897234786
>

> Jorge
Jorge -
I think that this theme is coming along wonderfully.  There are a few
things that you may still be working on, but I thought I would give my 2
cents. The main elements of page adhere to a pretty good grid system
(the green lines in the link below). There are some things that don't
really follow the grid that you are beginning to establish (red lines).
It seems that perhaps these elements are part of the 'main content' or
something like that, and that they are structured more like a directory
tree - great for viewing files - but somewhat breaking from your design
grid.

Overall, I think that your font choices are doing their jobs - I can
tell that 'UbuntuStudio Live Recording' is the title of the article, and
that the 'view edit unpublish' are navigational. However the 'Home' from
the main menu and the 'home' in the content area feels a little
redundant, or perhaps unclear as to what each instance does. Perhaps if
you are trying to establish where the user is, you could hi-light the
'home' in the menu area?

I've uploaded a screenshot with a few annotations to hopefully clarify
what I mean:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9k0EVSEZ-UoHpjegBBjN-iHR1PMKhI6HfAFTAPr0k3A?feat=directlink

Thanks for all the great work you're doing!
- Benjamin