A cool GUI application for conversion of media for mobile devices

Tobiasz Karoń unfa00 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:37:50 BST 2010

Hello there!

This is what I found, give it a try:

http://www.miksoft.net/mobileMediaConverter.htm
http://www.miksoft.net/mobileMediaConverterDown.htm

I couldn't find this program in any repository, I think it is worth getting
into some Ubuntu repos to be downloadable with package managers.

This is a nice functional tool with pretty animated GUI. It is simple to
use, but powerful. I tried to do all my jobs with command-line usage of
ffmpeg but I failed on some things like mp4 videos with aac sound  - this
app does it just like that and it is the only one I found out there that
does without any need to hunt for some special packages.

It's multiplatform and open source. Ubuntu 32-bit .dep package is there for
download. There's no 64-bit one.

Would you mind including this tool in next Ubuntu Studio release? That would
require to compile it for 64-bit architecture though. I think many people
who want to release their videos for in many formats would be happy to see
this on board, also those who (like me) just want to grab some videos and
watch them on their mobile gear would be happy too :-)

Best regards :-)

--
Tobiasz 'unfa' Karoń