Daily ISO fails at "select and install software" step

Ronan Jouchet ronan at jouchet.fr
Fri Sep 24 00:58:33 BST 2010

On 09/22/2010 04:15 PM, Scott Lavender wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Ronan Jouchet <ronan at jouchet.fr
> <mailto:ronan at jouchet.fr>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Today's daily studio spin fails to install at "select and install
>     software" step and presents a red screen asking to retry or skip, even
>     if I uncheck all of the four package choices (2d3d, audio, dssi, video).
>
>     I've been told on IRC it has been reported some days ago on this ML but
>     I couldn't find anything. Should I file a bug? Need more info here?
>
>     Good day,
>
>     -- Ronan
>
>     --
>

> Luke has updated the seeds and pushed the changes.  I would expect the
> daily ISO's to be installable again.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio/+bug/642405
>
> ScottL

Hi everybody.

The installation still fails. I tested today's ISO (yes, it includes the
new ubustu-meta 0.74: browsing inside the ISO I confirm I have
$iso/pool/universe/u/ubuntustudio-meta/ubuntustudio-*_0.74_i386.deb )

Here is the slightly exact error message appearing in tty4:
in-target: foomatic-db-compressed-ppds : Conflicts : foomatic-db but
20100915-0ubuntu3 is to be installed
                                          Conflicts : foomatic-db-hpijs
but 20100915-0ubuntu2 is to be installed

I updated LP and reset the status to New