(re)Developing the Ubuntu Studio Site

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 02:50:55 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2010 09:32 PM, louiethecuban at gmail.com wrote:
> > Do we need to use drupal, I feel like something much better and simpler
> could be accomplished with wordpress
> >

> Well, speaking for myself (as Scott really has the say here) I'm for
> whatever looks best. I couldn't care about the tech underneath. Where it
> *does* come into play is whether we stay w/Canonical as a host or find
> our own. We stay w/Canonical, Drupal it is.
>

> -Cory K.

I have no experience with Wordpress, but I have done a lot of work with
Drupal.  It can have a steep learning curve, but the amount of versatility,
security, and third party modules available make it well worth it.  It
essentially has no limitations, and doesn't box you in by trying to make
things 'easier'.  I would recommend it.

--
-Brian David