Ubuntu switching to Unity Desktop

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 28 14:19:50 BST 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 06:02:01AM EDT, mark wrote:
> If we're no longer tied to gnome, that's excellent news. We can finally
> say goodbye to pulseaudio.

To be clear, switching to unity for Ubuntu does not in any way mean a move away from GNOME completely. Unity is an alternative shell. The underlying desktop components will still be GNOME.

As I said, its up to the Studio developers as to what they choose to do, whether they move to using a different desktop, stick with traditional GNOME with panels etc, or unity.

Luke