Ubuntu switching to Unity Desktop

mark mark at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 28 11:02:01 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 12:12 -0500, Brian David wrote:
> Holstein just posted this on IRC.  It's worth re-posting to the list:
>
> http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Ubuntu-1104-to-switch-to-Unity-desktop/?kc=rss
>
> Thoughts?

If we're no longer tied to gnome, that's excellent news. We can finally
say goodbye to pulseaudio.

As this opens up an opportunity for a new choice of desktop environment,
how about choosing something more suitable for our intended use cases,
e.g. Xfce? It's been a great success in PureDyne, for example, which
I've used successfully on far more systems than UbubtuStudio.

Mark