Audio no longer feasible with vanilla Ubuntu + Studio packages (?)

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:34:12 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com>wrote:

> On 10/11/2010 08:36 PM, Ronan Jouchet wrote:
>
> >   a. is audio.conf new to jack2?
>
> No, it's new as of Lucid. The origin of this change is in Debian.
>
> >   b. why this change?
>
> Ask the Debian packagers. Probably because it complies better with
> conventions. Don't ask me which conventions, don't have the faintest clue
> ;)
>

> Best,
>
> Jeremy

I believe the reason for the change is rooted in Debian Bug #507248:

And I think the thrust was that someone did not like enabling priorities in
a system wide manner and security vulnerability associated.

This is also why we should be asked to give the user -rt priority when
installing JACK now.

ScottL