Putting the cart before the horse. (was: Final Notes on the Ubuntu Studio Website)

Benjamin Turner passionsplaydesign at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 00:29:32 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Brian David <beejunk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alright, here's my next go at it:
>
> http://www.sunmachine.coop/ubuntu/mock-up_simple_2.png
>
> I tried to add a little of all the designs we've seen so far.  Think of
> this as the landing page, with the main site looking more along the lines of
> Scott's mock-up, except with a matching palette.  Also, I decided to move
> away from the darker colors, just to see what it was like.  All the links
> and examples are basically placeholders, and can be replaced by whatever.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> --
> -Brian David

Brian

I'm liking the structural elements, specifically how the logo is front and
center, anchoring the whole page.

One thing that feels just a bit off to me is that the colors are all so
close to each other on the color wheel - blues to purple, with a bunch of
white. I wonder what would happen if you incorporated just a touch of
yellow, maybe orange, to add some contrast.

- Benjamin