Putting the cart before the horse. (was: Final Notes on the Ubuntu Studio Website)

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Sat Oct 9 07:49:07 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 23:59 -0500, Brian David wrote:
> Alright, here's my next go at it:
>
> http://www.sunmachine.coop/ubuntu/mock-up_simple_2.png
>
> I tried to add a little of all the designs we've seen so far.  Think
> of this as the landing page, with the main site looking more along the
> lines of Scott's mock-up, except with a matching palette.  Also, I
> decided to move away from the darker colors, just to see what it was
> like.  All the links and examples are basically placeholders, and can
> be replaced by whatever.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> --
> -Brian David

Nice David. This has been the best design and layout so far. As Scott
encourages, this should be a model to lean towards, for sure.

I think the three icon windows at the bottom should be different from
what you currently have displayed here in the mock-up. Also some text
would need some working at.
But as a model, you get my vote!

I think Scott needs to make a final decision here as to where to go from
here.

Regards

Chris Jones