DKMS and Wiki from real time kernels

Alessio Igor Bogani abogani at
Thu Oct 7 08:09:47 BST 2010

2010/10/6 Brian David <beejunk at>:
> Alessio, I can help testing any fixes for fglrx.

Install fglx and send the output of this command:
cat /var/lib/dkms/*/*/build/make.log

> like to learn how to package, maintain and test an -rt kernel, as that is
> the ideal kernel to me and I wish to help keep it going.  (I will update the
> wiki page with this change a little later)

> Also, I can do a little cleaning up of the writing on the wiki page.  I have
> a quick question about that.  When you write "The -preempt and -rt kernels
> are died, aren't it?"  I'm not clear what the exact meaning is.  Do you
> mean:
> "Have the -preempt and -rt kernels died?"  [Perhaps meant as a rhetorical
> question i.e. this wiki page is going to answer that question]

Sorry for my very bad English. :-(

The -preempt and -rt kernels are died. Definitely.

If reading the FAQ you prefer -rt over -realtime you know that you
must provide a lot of help. Otherwise you can give a little help for
bring to life the -realtime kernel and learn how live with it.

> Also, when it is mentioned that there needs to be a solid FAQ, is that meant
> on just kernels in general, on just that wiki page, or for Ubuntu Studio in
> general?

I meant specifically about soft and hard real time kernels which
missed a decent FAQ section.