DKMS and Wiki from real time kernels

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 17:35:50 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Alessio Igor Bogani <abogani at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 2010/10/5 Alessio Igor Bogani <abogani at ubuntu.com>:
> > I really need of someone could take care of a little wiki page about
> > all real time kernels (differences, reasons, TODO, list of volunteers,
> > packing status and so on). In this way new comers could find reply to
> > their questions.
> [...]
>
> Since no one have offered to handle a simple and single wiki page I
> did it by myself.
> Please take a minute to see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RealTime
>
> Obviously feel free to officially assign yourself on something
> changing accordingly above mentioned wiki page. ;)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ciao,
> Alessio

Alessio, I can help testing any fixes for fglrx.  Also, in general, I would
like to learn how to package, maintain and test an -rt kernel, as that is
the ideal kernel to me and I wish to help keep it going.  (I will update the
wiki page with this change a little later)

Also, I can do a little cleaning up of the writing on the wiki page.  I have
a quick question about that.  When you write "The -preempt and -rt kernels
are died, aren't it?"  I'm not clear what the exact meaning is.  Do you
mean:

"Have the -preempt and -rt kernels died?"  [Perhaps meant as a rhetorical
question i.e. this wiki page is going to answer that question]

Also, when it is mentioned that there needs to be a solid FAQ, is that meant
on just kernels in general, on just that wiki page, or for Ubuntu Studio in
general?  I ask because I am a decent writer and can work on stuff like
that, as long as the info is available.
--
-Brian David