PHASEX - an interesting soft synth

Tobiasz Karoń unfa00 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:22:15 BST 2010

Hello everyone!

I recently found a very interesting software synthesizer named PHASEX (Phase
Harmonic Advanced Synthesis EXperiment). I was playing around with it and it
seems yet in that early stage of development (version 0.12-pre) very
powerful, reliable and what is the most important thing: it produces
insteresting quality sounds!

PHASEX works with Jack via MIDI. Every knob can be controlled via MIDI. I
was experimenting with a hardware midi keyboard and QMidiControl as a fader
box to change some parameters of the sythesizer in realtime via MIDI to test
it. PHASEX handled it great. I'am really excited about that synth!

Here is the official webpage of the project:
*http://www.sysex.net/phasex/* <http://www.sysex.net/phasex/>

If you want to hear something like a demo for it, before playing with it on
your own, I have recorded some improvisational tunes with it. Please forgive
me my poor keyboard skills, I'am not a great player yet, my MIDI hardware is
also a bit of a junk doing random thing at times and not sending some
note-off signals. Anyway - I have recorded some of my experiments with this
experimental synth and I belive it shows some real power of that synth :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?malciu1mtin - here is my little demo for PHASEX
then.

I think it would be great if PHASEX was included in the upcoming Ubuntu
Studio Release, that's why I wrote this message.

Cheers!

Tobiasz 'unfa' Karoń