Ubuntu Studio artwork question

Brian Edward Shaw theonebshaw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:20:23 GMT 2010

    First off I sincerely apologize for bugging all the Ubuntu Studio
devs with such a trivial question, I could not seem to find a way to
contact just one person in relation to Ubuntu Studio nor did I find any
sort of Studio specific forum to post my question. I am simply wondering
what the license is on the main Ubuntu Studio icon. I searched for the
icon on the web and downloaded two seemingly different versions and have
used them to create my own menu-icons.(the icon shown on the menu in the
upper left-hand corner) I would really like to share these on the
gnome-look site for others to enjoy but am unsure if it was even legal
for me to have edited them in the first place. I attached my creations
for you to have a look, please if someone could inform me as to whether
it is ok for me to upload these to gnome-look that would be great! Also
feel free to use them yourselves if you like them or find any use for them.

    Thank you,

    Brian Shaw(Perturbed Penguin)