Hardware List

Nick Fellows nick.fellows at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 11:50:17 GMT 2010

Ubuntu Studio is a great platform for Audio and Multimedia tasks, I use it for
writing / composing music.

I've been using Linux for quite some time and welcome the distro as it
provides a good consolidated platform for my needs.

I have a suggestion  - Maybe the Ubuntu Studio website could house a
hardware compatibility list .
It would be great if it could focus on Audio hardware and include
studio equipment.

Audio hardware is difficult to select when building a linux based
studio setup as there are still a
manufacturers out there not providing drivers or adhering to USB Audio
standards.

Perhaps this could be made possible by community contributions?

What do people think about this as an idea for discussion ?

Kind Regards

Nick ...