RT_GROUP_SCHED kernel option makes JACK unusable in Ubuntu Natty

Ronan Jouchet ronan at jouchet.fr
Tue Dec 14 15:06:10 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 12/13/2010 09:34 PM, Ronan Jouchet wrote:
>
> I'm not opposed to disabling RT_GROUP_SCHED. After all, it _is_ marked
> EXPERIMENTAL. Have you proven that a kernel with RT_GROUP_SCHED disabled
> actually fixes the issues that you're seeing with JACK ?
>
> rtg
> --
> Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com

Hi Tim,

Till now I'm only relying on las expertise, discussion with him on
IRC, and the info he summed up at
http://jackaudio.org/linux_group_sched
To be certain, somebody should compile and test two Ubuntu kernels
differing only on RT_GROUP_SCHED. I won't have much time due to end of
year holidays, maybe somebody else can do / has already done this.

Ronan