[Jack-Devel] impending issues with RT_GROUP_SCHED kernel option

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Dec 14 06:49:51 GMT 2010

On 2010-12-13 23:37, Paul Davis wrote:
> I've written up the issues with RT_GROUP_SCHED and JACK here:
>
>    http://jackaudio.org/linux_group_sched
>
> Somehow, a much wider discussion needs to occur with various people
> about this issue, which is already present in Ubuntu 10.10 and will
> likely start showing up in other distributions as well.

Thanks for bringing this up, I was unaware of the issue. I don't know
much about what advantages this brings, i e why it was turned on in the
first place (will try to figure out during the day).

In the same breath though, I'd like to say that I have had
plans/thoughts about contributing some piece of code to jackdbus (and
possibly ffado as well) that uses rtkit to get real-time prio instead. I
assume that will solve this issue as well, at least for dbus-enabled
versions of jack. What do you folks think of that?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic