No subject

Mon Aug 23 22:26:03 BST 2010

users to be able to adjust the interrupt priority to a more desirable
setting allowing the firewire device to experience better perform from fewer
interrupts.  I believe I understand the basic principle of this but perhaps
someone with broader experience can explain it better.

Regards,
ScottL

--001636eee499cc5120048faa08dc

n <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:david.henningsson at canonical.com">=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid=
 rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
2010-09-07 02:17, Chris Jones skrev:<br>
&gt; I know I&#39;ve raised the question before regarding the inclusion of =
the<br>
&gt; real-time kernel in Ubuntu Studio, but why exactly is it necessary?<br=

That&#39;s a good question. Abogani has written a small overview of his tak=
e<br>
on it here:<br>
html" target=3D"_blank">https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2010-=
March/009323.html</a><br>
--<br>
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.<br>
d.net/~diwic</a><br>
o/ubuntu-studio-devel" target=3D"_blank"></a><br>
nctly; better performance.<br><br>The -rt kernel can help lower latency and=
 minimize the number of xruns so that your recording doesn&#39;t drop anyth=
ing or create artifacts such as popping.<br>
ace users to be able to adjust the interrupt priority to a more desirable s=
etting allowing the firewire device to experience better perform from fewer=
 interrupts.=A0 I believe I understand the basic principle of this but perh=
aps someone with broader experience can explain it better.<br>

--001636eee499cc5120048faa08dc--