(re)Developing the Ubuntu Studio Site

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Tue Aug 31 02:27:47 BST 2010

> Okay, here is my mock-up:
> http://www.fossmusicproject.org/public/ubuntustudio-website-mockup.png
>
> These is just ideas thrown out to see what sticks.  Or possibly
> inspire someone.
>
> Although I do have to admit that I really like the immediate
> accessibility of the button on the right side.  They are big (perhaps
> too big admittedly) and have the things that people are going to want
> most of the times and want them NOW without having to trawl through
> menus or buttons.
>
> But again, this is open to feedback, suggestions, criticisms,
> plagiarism, et al
>
> ScottL

I like it. Although the color scheming and themeing needs work. But the
layout is good and I do agree with having the most used and wanted items
clearly visible and in the users' face.

My layout examples are only proposals of layout. Still working on an
actual website example mockup which as mentioned, hopefully I'll be able
to upload and link this afternoon.

My layouts are very traditional in appearance which I also thought may
be of some benefit due to ease-of-use and navigation for particularly
new users/members. But I guess we'll leave it up to feedback from the
community and fellow Ubuntu Studio users.

Here's a few I have so far.

http://home.comcen.com.au/foxmulder881/development/ubuntu_studio-revamp%
5Bweb%5D/layout/mockup_example_1a.png

http://home.comcen.com.au/foxmulder881/development/ubuntu_studio-revamp%
5Bweb%5D/layout/mockup_example_2.png

http://home.comcen.com.au/foxmulder881/development/ubuntu_studio-revamp%
5Bweb%5D/layout/mockup_example_2a.png

http://home.comcen.com.au/foxmulder881/development/ubuntu_studio-revamp%
5Bweb%5D/layout/mockup_example_3.png

Obviously, they're not to any scale and are designed to give a rough
idea of where things could be placed.

Also, something else to consider, if we are going down the route of
Drupal, what version will we using?

I'm also hoping to get a test site up and running this week on my web
server so I can tinker with a few things.

Cheers

--
Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au>