(re)Developing the Ubuntu Studio Site

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 02:36:35 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Louie Queral <louiethecuban at gmail.com>wrote:

> Before we start creating anything, I think it would be important to find
> several websites we can construct some sort of model from. At the same time,
> we should identify some aspects of US's site that we should cherish.
>
> Here are some sites that I found that I think we could take some
> inspiration from:
> http://www.tuneupmedia.com/
> http://bigcartel.com/
> http://www.pixelcraft.ie/
> http://www.gomedia.us/
>
> Notice that all of these sites are very simple and do not overwhelm the
> potential user with too much information at once. This kind of design makes
> the user able to think clearly and sharply, just like any artist that begins
> a big project.
>
> I'll come up with an original template for the site, but I first want to
> hear what other ideals we should incorporate into the design and aesthetics
> of the site.

Also, here is a rough site map I made for the website:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/TaskWebRevamp

Don't freak out about following it exactly, it's just a place to jot down
rough ideas.

I hope this helps.  Please note that the top part is what I added, the
bottom below the "Original Documentation" is from the original ideas that I
didn't want to lose, but isn't necessarily pertinent to this discussion.