Testing the ISOs

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 19 12:19:40 BST 2010

Hello all,

I want to raise attention to the Ubuntu Studio developers and testers
about the necessity of testing the ISOs during milestone testing.

The release team has a policy (during Betas, RC and Final releases) of
not releasing Ubuntu or its derivatives until EVERY testcase has been
covered.

Tomorrow, most likely, the first RC candidate images will be appearing,
and you can start preparing today.

1) Sync now the Ubuntu Studio images, so it is less painful to sync
tomorrow the candidate images. You can use dl-ubuntu-test-iso to sync,
it is now packaged (ubuntu-qa-tools) and working in Lucid.

2) Install Ubuntu Studio 9.10 amd64 and i386 in a virtual machine or a
spare partition, to have them ready to test upgrades.

3) Blog about testing, to get awareness from your users

4) Reach some power users directly, to ask them to help the project by
testing the ISOs.

I would like to discuss during UDS how to improve the testing in Ubuntu
and its derivatives. I have register a blueprint [1], in case you want
to participate during the discussion.

Check the ISO testing procedures in the wiki:

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Procedures

Thanks,
Ara.

[1]