Next steps after inclusion of jack in main

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:04:16 BST 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Fritz Meissner <meissner.fritz at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've been trying out the 2010-03-17 build; it appears that PA and jack
> are still mutually exclusive. When I start jack, PA stops, and
> applications such as Totem will not play. When I exit jack, PA is
> restarted. So we are not yet seeing the benefits of having jack
> included in main - I assume that at this stage of Lucid's development,
> this is not likely to change ?
>
> Fritz

Apparently you can circumvent the wrapper script that stops suspends PA and
starts qctljack.  If you run qjackctl.bin directly it avoids it.  I learned
this from this Ubuntu Forum thread, post #5...

This along with the package pulseaudio-module-jack I believe you should find
things more compatible.

Disclaimer, I haven't really researched this module much and I haven't even
attempted getting it to work.  But since I ran across the information I
wanted to pass it on to you.

Regards,
ScottL