Nov. Meeting Date/Time

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:56:51 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Eric Hedekar <afterthebeep at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Luis de Bethencourt <luisbg at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM,  <ScottALavender at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The upcoming meeting is schedule for 1:00 a.m. Monday for me, which is a
> >> work day. Would it be possible to move it to the previous day so that at
> >> least it's 1:00 am between Saturday and Sunday?
> >>
> >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Meetings/2009Nov9
> >

> > I'm in a business trip to Denver Sunday morning. So I won't be able to
> > make the meeting either way.
> >
> > So people now my availability my trave is:
> > November 1st - November 8th : Denver, Colorado
> > November 8th - November 12th : San Francisco, California
> >
> > I will be responding to emails and dropping by IRC during office
> > hours, have the time zones in mind.
> >
> > Luis
>

> Well I'm in favor of keeping the meeting time as was scheduled.  It is
> a non-mandatory meeting, though I suspect many Lucid ideas will be
> acted on/planned for there.  The idea of having rotating 7am UTC / 7pm
> UTC times is that no time will suit everyone and hopefully at least
> one of those will suit most people.  I'm happy to revisit this
> schedule, but I think we should keep it on a pre-defined schedule for
> purposes of publicity and easy organization.  This is just my opinion,
> if enough others need it moved, there's nothing stopping things.
>
> ScottL, maybe you could review the minutes as soon as possible and
> chime in on IRC, or also add your info to an e-mail just prior to the
> meeting.
>
> Luis, you are aware the meeting is on Nov 9th at 7am UTC (that's 12am
> San Franciso time), not this coming Monday but rather 12 days from
> now.  Hopefully you'll be settled in your hotel room and able to be up
> late then.
>
> -Eric

First, my apologies because I originally only responded to Eric.  I am
replying again, but this time to the list, but again via Gmail.  I hope it
nests the messages correctly.

I'm sorry that I have not been clear about this. I would think it would be
advantageous to revisit the meeting schedule.

I think moving the meetings ahead one day to Sunday would make them
significantly more accessible to those in the U.S. Therefore, 1:00am Sunday
morning would be better than 1:00am Monday morning and 1:00pm Sunday
afternoon would be better than 1:00pm Monday afternoon for those that work
in the US.