[Proposal] - No instant messenger in Ubuntu Studio.

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 00:22:50 BST 2009

I /thought/ I expressed my disapproval w/Ubuntu switching to Empathy
over Pidgin early in the cycle but I mighta just ranted in IRC. :P

In any case, the more I thought about asking Luke to switch it in our
seeds I thought about whether it really makes sense for Studio? A distro
that is *not* a desktop distro.

So I propose we support/ship no client by default. Let the user apt-get
whatever they like.

Please chime in on this so we can act quickly. (as I'm sure we're
totally up against a freeze or something)

-Cory K.