Cinepaint for Ubuntu

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 23:56:24 GMT 2009

On 11/23/2009 06:34 PM, Eric Hedekar wrote:
> Does anyone know why it was dropped from the repositories?  Before bringing
> it back we may want to address whatever issue caused it to be kicked out.
> But I'm always in favor of more useful apps in the repositories.  Would we
> ship it as part of Ubuntu Studio if it does come back?

If I recall correctly it had to do with it being a GTK1 app ans support
was dropped for gtk1 from main. (or something like that) As well as the
project seeming dead and unmaintained in Debian. So they dropped it
'round Dapper.

But as Cinepaint now uses GTK2 I don't see an issue. GetDeb even has a
package for it atm. (sparking this email)

-Cory K.