Launchpad Etiquitte (ubstu controls)

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:07:47 GMT 2009

Hey everyone,

I've recently been picking through the Ubuntu Studio Controls code and have
found a bug or two.  I know how to fix them, but haven't had the time to
comit the changes to code.  I was just curious what the best method for
doing this is:
a) Report the bug as a bug in launchpad, then describe the best fix,
eventually even posting a debdiff patch?
b) Create a new branch in bzr and propose a merge?
c) Comit the changes to the one bzr branch I've already created and had
merged?  (is it improper to continue working on a branch after it's been
merged?)
d) Some other tactic?
Essentially I'm wondering what the etiquitte of braching is?  I looked
around for a launchpad or bzr etiquitte page but couldn't find anything.  I
assume because of the size of this piece of software that procedure doesn't
really matter as much as on larger projects, but I'd like to get into good
habits as I become familiar with these tools.

Thanks.
Eric Hedekar