openmovieeditor, libavcodec52, and disks.

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 11 18:36:48 GMT 2009

Hi all
I discovered that our disks ship the libavcodec52 package, which after a technical board decision back in 2007 is not allowed to be on Ubuntu disks, and I am assuming ours, since nobody has pulled us up about it. The problem is that openmovieeditor directly depends on libavcodec52. I am wondering whether openmovieeditor depends on that library enough that it won't function without it (I haven't checked in detail for myself yet). If it does, then we really need to consider our course of action here, as I don't think we should be shipping this library.

The IRC log for the meeting where the decision was made is here: http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2007/01/02/%23ubuntu-meeting.html

Luke