Initial karmic tast list drafted

scott lavender slavender at consolidated.net
Wed Jul 1 01:36:20 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 11:25 +0100,
ubuntu-studio-devel-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:18:54 +1000
> From: Luke Yelavich <themuso at ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Initial karmic task list drafted.
> To: Ubuntu Studio Development & Technical Discussion
> 	<ubuntu-studio-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> Hi all
> I have written up a task list for all the tasks that I could think of that need attention. I have already marked those tasks in which I will involve myself, so feel free to add yourself to a task if you want to help out. There are likely tasks I have forgotten about, so please feel free to add tasks to the list if you can think of any.
>
> The task list is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/KarmicTaskList
>
> Hopefully we can get a few people who can help with one or more of these tasks, and ensure we have a high quality studio karmic release.
>
> Thanks
>
> Luke

Hello all,

Firstly, sorry if this goes to the wrong place.  I'm trying to reply
from a digest message using Evolution and I hope I get it threaded
correctly.

I'm volunteering myself on a few aspects of the task list.

Recruiting - I love to help get more people into Ubuntu Studio
Development, although I can only offer my enthusiasm, time and
newbie-developer outlook.

Promotion of Jack in main - I certianly don't mind doing the legwork but
I certainly will need guidance.  I've already read the Main Inclusion
Report (and other linked pages) and 'tis rather confusing to someone not
in the know.  But this certainly will be a good way to help while
learning stuff also (and I like learning stuff).  *Luke*, since you
offered assistance, I already have questions and would like to know the
best way to contact you.

Documentation - I had planned to make a website to help Linux newbies
install and run Ubuntu Studio 8.04 (LTS) based on MediaWiki (which is
probably changing to Drupal now since I bought the book).  I imagine a
lot of this information would be useful (like how to use Ardour to
record e.g.), therefore I can certainly cherry pick the parts that will
be useful to the official documentation.

Again, I have more passion, enthusiasm and time than I have experience
but I really want to give back somehow.

Scott Lavender