List of Ubuntu Studio packages for making a live DVD ?

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Mon Dec 14 21:51:00 GMT 2009

> Cory K. wrote:
> > laurent.bellegarde at free.fr> wrote:
> > With another team, lprod.org team have created a live DVD of Ubuntu
> > Studio Karmic 32 bits (we can create also a 64 bits example).
> > I've tested it this morning on a laptop with only windows XP pro on the
> > hard disk. It's working perfectly.
> <...>
> > The reasoning for us not creating a live disk is 2-fold.
> >
> > Live disks do not preform well for audio. (our core audience)
> > 2 more disks to test where our testing is already very poor.
> > And a 3rd one, resources. ie: diskspace on Canonical servers.
> >
> > I will also say I'm generally against this. But if it happens after the LTS
> > and is what people really want, I won't be a roadblock.

**************************

I'm still lost as to what the whole point of this is.

I mean, Ubuntu Studio is targeted towards Audio, Video and Graphic
Professionals. And any professional who uses US for their work and takes
their work seriously is not going to run US from a live dvd/cd or any
live mode as a matter of fact. Why? Because the performance os a live
installation simply doesn't and will never compare to that of a raw
install running directly from a hard disk.

Cheers.

--
Chris Jones <linuxdynamix at comcen.com.au>
Founder