List of Ubuntu Studio packages for making a live DVD ?

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 19:50:13 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:47 AM, laurent.bellegarde <
laurent.bellegarde at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> With another team, lprod.org team have created a live DVD of Ubuntu
> Studio Karmic 32 bits (we can create also a 64 bits example).
> I've tested it this morning on a laptop with only windows XP pro on the
> hard disk. It's working perfectly.
>
> It could be nice to have this iso available for everyone, but we have a
> trouble.
>
> The guy who has created the live DVD has done a great job, but has
> introduced severals packages which are very important for video editing
> but cause some trouble of licence, as ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer. So this
> DVD is very powerfull because you can edit video in live which is very
> impressive, but illegal in severals countries. I'm gonna complete my
> tests, ardour is also compiled with VST support, and many non free
> improvement are live available.
>
> So where can i found the complete official list of ALL the packages free
> included in the Ubuntu Studio karmic official DVD install disk to
> compare to our beta disk, to create a new one as the official one but
> live, without all forbidden packages  to allow everyone to download it ?
>
> Is it allowed to create it ?
>
> If not, we can create a lprod.org one, based only on free software
> included in Ubuntu Studio, in live and downloadable.
>
> Thank's for answers.
>
> Laurent,
> lprod.org

Hi Laurent,

This is wonderful news, this is a feature request that we get on a regular
basis from our users but the dev team is not experienced in the creation of
LiveDVDs.  It'd be great if this effort could be moved into the Ubuntu
Studio development process so that future releases have live capabilities.
I'm CCing the dev list on this and I hope that the discussion continues
there.  Please consider joining that list to facilitate the discussion
there.

To answer your question regarding packages, the full list of packages
(including dependencies) can be seen at
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=ubuntustudio

- Eric Hedekar