Luke - libffado Main Inclusion Report

Scott Lavender slavender at consolidated.net
Sun Aug 23 15:51:34 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 14:32 +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 01:13:21PM EST, Scott Lavender wrote:
> > Luke,
> >
> > Here is the Main Inclusion Report for libffado.
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReport/libffado
>
> Thanks very much for doing this Scott, much appreciated.
>
> Overall, you did very well in filling in what you could. I have filled in the rest of the report that you weren't sure of, and made a few changes here and there. One thing to remember, is that when dependencies are asked for, the dependencies of the source package is what is being asked for. This means the source package libffado requires the list of dependencies given in that list to build. I hope that makes sense. To get an idea of what I mean, in a terminal, run apt-cache showsrc libffado to get a list of build dependencies.
>
> If there is anyone else who wishes to add/ammend the report, please go ahead and do so. If you intend to do so, please announce it on the list ASAP. If everyone is happy with what we have there now, Scott, feel free to go ahead and file the bug required to get the package reviewed. Don't forget to subscribe ubuntu-mir to the bug, and feel free to subscribe ubuntustudio-dev as well, so the whole team can track the progress of the bug.
>
> Thanks for your great work.
>
> Luke

Luke,

Thank you for the kind words and I now understand the list of
dependencies should include those required for build not just to
install/run.

I assume you have seen that a MIR-bug was filed and the reply.  If
not...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libffado/+bug/416778

I do not where the discussion is to take place that is mentioned.  Can
you (or someone) provide a little direction?

Also, I only listed the bugs for JACK in main on the MIR-bug.  I felt
that this would be a stronger case for inclusion.

Since apparently getting JACK into main isn't immediately enough
justification, should I also mentioned "support for firewire audio
deviees" as another justificaion on the MIR-bug report?

--
Scott Lavender <slavender at consolidated.net>