Luke

Scott Lavender slavender at consolidated.net
Mon Aug 10 05:29:03 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 18:38 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:09 +0100, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> > Hi Scott
> > On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 11:48:02PM IST, Scott Lavender wrote:
> > > Luke,
> > >
> > > I've tried contacting you a few times about helping with libffado.
> > >
> > > Do you still need help?
> >
> > The best way to contact me is to email me personally, or on this list, which is what ou have done.
> >
> > As for libffado, I think the only help needed is to write a main inclusion report to get it into main. You can find the template for this report at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportTemplate. If you need any help with this for libfado, let me know, and I can help fill in the blanks. I don't have time to do this from scratch currently however.
> >
> > Luke
> >

> Luke,
>
> I had already looked into the main inclusion report before so I should
> have something for you by the end of the weekend.
>
> That being said, I'm sure it won't be 100% complete and I'll have a list
> of questions as I'm a complete newbie at this.  But, hey ho, let's go.
>
> Scott

Sorry Luke,

Having a bit of a go at the main inclusion report still.

With Ubuntu packages web site down I realized that I didn't have any way
to check the dependencies other than install the alpha iso which
promptly failed to install thre -rt kernel on me and borked some of my
partitions (I'll do a bug report later).

And after several hours I'm more or less where I was early this
afternoon, but I'll keep hacking at it.

And please don't misunderstand me, the dependencies are not all that's
left, I was just working my way down the list attacking things that I
felt like I could answer.  To be honest, I'm rather a bit over my head
but I want to give it a good go before I start asking questions.

Scott