Ubuntu Studio 8.10, -rt and 2.6.27

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 3 16:37:36 BST 2008

Hartmut Noack wrote:
> To be a little behind the latest greatest in kernel-development would be
>  perfectly acceptable for me.

Well the situation isn't that easy. We have to have a source package in
the repos that spits out our binary. So going further back than .26
isn't an option. But, .26 has *major* issues all over the place. The
reason for the move to .27.

The tentative plan is to ship -generic for Intrepid and *maybe* have a
SRU that shifts us to -rt. In the meantime, we will encourage people to
use Hardy and have a major effort to backport more apps.

Not ideal, but it will still cover a significant segment of our user base.

-Cory K.