Ubuntustudio's sting in the tail: corrupted menus

Parker Jones zoubidoo at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 14:27:48 BST 2008

When leaving ubuntustudio to return a machine back to regular ubuntu, there is a problem that causes the applications menu to have no applications.  Alacarte (menu editor) crashes when starting it.

Several people have observed the problem and reported it here:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alacarte/+bug/182586
The problem goes away if package ubuntustudio-menu is reinstalled (I haven't tried myself so I can't confirm).

As it is clearly connected to ubuntustudio who is responsible for this problem ubuntu or ubuntustudio?

Cheers,
Z.

SEEK New Zealand's #1 jobsite
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fmsn%2Eseek%2Eco%2Enz%2FID%5FSEEKNZMAIN%5FUSR%2FPages%2Falliance%5Fhomepage%2Eascx%3FComeFrom%3Dmsnnz%26tracking%3Dsk%3Asptlmini%3Ask%3Amsnnz%3A0%3Awindowslive%3A%231&_t=757263783&_r=Seek_NZ_tagline_no1&_m=EXT