Intrepid issues/review/plans

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:29:44 BST 2008

Cory K. wrote:
> > Ok all. Intrepid is open and now is the time to identify things to shape
>  > up for this cycle.
>  >
>  > Please share things you would like to see.

    In addition to other things mentioned, I'd like a wider variety of
softsynths, plugins, and realtime processors available for network
installation.  Perhaps not on the default installation media, but
available without recompilation.

    Being able to install from a standard CD would also be nice,
although that might be hard for intrepid, given all the software that
is required for a proper studio.

Toine wrote:
>   - What about Lash, it is compiled, but if it could really work it would
>  be great

    This is mostly a matter of adding session hooks into each
application, although lashwrap (new for Hardy) worked for me for a few
things.

>   - Midi works well in Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio, what do you want to add ?

    Not so much MIDI as transmission of note data, but extending the
use of MIDI automation and controller input to handle processing of
more of the applications.  Having it in jackrack to allow a sequencer
to feed automation of the laspda plugins is one of the types of
applications that isn't handled well now.

--
Emmet HIKORY