Intrepid issues/review/plans

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Sat Jun 7 09:50:36 BST 2008

On Fri, 02 May 2008 23:24:27 -0400
"Cory K." <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Ok all. Intrepid is open and now is the time to identify things to
> shape up for this cycle.
>
> Please share things you would like to see.
>
> Some things mentioned:
>
>     * LV2
>     * MIDI
>     * jackmp - http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jackmp/trunk/jackmp/
>     * Redundant packages in -audio?
>     * Jog Wheel / Shuttle Pro Support? -
>       https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-devel/2008-February/000288.html
>     * More default settings (that work for all. not just some)
>
> Those are just a quick couple.
>
> -Cory \m/

How 'bout a different audio player?
Audacious in hardy does only connect to jack when it feels like it (one
day it does, another day it doesn't).
It does either not play back .wav files or chops them up.
And a bunch of other nasty stuff... sorry, I know you like that thing
cory, but imho it just doesn't cut it.

Playing .wav files is kind of a basic requirement imho, totem can do
that. Having a jack-capable player and some other advanced stuff would
be nice too, else totem would probably be sufficient.

-Philipp