Ubuntu Studio Deriviative Suggestion

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 20:29:41 BST 2008

Greetings list.

I am a long time Linux and MIDI guy, and I have been lurking on this list for 14 months, since I first installed Ubuntu Studio.  A few months ago, I traded eMails with Julien Claussen about a console only (no X, no GUI) digital audio workstation.  Since I have some very old but usable hardware, I wanted to put together a collection of console only or console capable audio software.  It is a project bigger than my job allows time for, but here are some of my original thoughts for audio software packages to be included in such a project.

I am sure this list will be modified:

Alsa
ecasound
Fluidsynth
Jack/Jackd
LADSPA
Mplayer
Timidity
sox

Julien's list is here:

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net/links.html

Is this a reasonable request for the deve list?

-=Sean Edwards=-